Let me guess. Your Facebook and Instagram feed have flooded with beautifully decorated Christmas trees and lights lately. So has mine. It’s so heart warming to look at these pictures in the winter, isn’t it? This is the time of the year that we slow down our busy lives, we give ourselves a break, we make our homes festive, we spend more time with our families and prepare meaningful gifts to show how much we love and care about them.
To me, besides family, there is a very special group of people that I treasure a lot. I mean, A LOT!
They are in different places.
They most likely don’t know each other.
But they all like cooking.
They bring fresh and yummy food to their tables.
They are open to try new things.
Often times, they gather here at different times.
They are really awesome people!
Who are they?
They are my readers!
If you are reading this post right now and would like to read on, you are one of them, my friend! I consider myself lucky to have you here!
In this upcoming Christmas, I have a special gift for the special YOU! As you are reading, I am busy packing it up so that I can make sure that it will be delivered to you on Christmas.
“What is it?”, you ask.
To satisfy your curiosity, here is a sneak peek from your gift box.
It’s a digital book with 30-day pre-planned dinner menu for you and your family. It includes 45 quick and healthy dishes for your work days, 12 hearty and comforting meals during weekends and 8 mouthwatering desserts as a little bonus for your sweet teeth!
“Why are you doing this?”, you ask.
Simply because I care about you and like you very much!
“What can I do for you?” Thank you for asking!
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get to know you a bit more so that I can create more recipes that you love. Is that cool with you? All you need to do is to hover your mouse over to the button below and click to fill out a short survey. It only takes 5 minutes of your time but you will certainly make my day!
Once you have completed the survey, “One Delicious Month” will be quietly waiting for you in your mailbox on Christmas Day.
In the meanwhile, please enjoy this utterly delicious, filling and satisfying Fried Chicken Waffles made with Phillsbury Biscuits dough. The whole idea of this creative recipe is for you to completely enjoy something really savory without thinking too much about nutrition facts for once! Isn’t it what holidays for?
- 8 oz chicken breast or thigh, cut into chucks
- 1/4 cup butter milk
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup Canola vegetable oil
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 7.5-oz packages of Phillsbury Biscuits dough
- Maple syrup
- Marinate chicken with butter milk, seasoned salt, black pepper and paprika over night.
- When ready to cook, coat chicken with Panko breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Heat up a large skillet. Cook bacon over high heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel to soak up the dripping.
- In the same skillet, add vegetable oil into the bacon dripping. Over high heat, fry prepared chicken. About 3 minutes each side until chicken is cooked through and turns golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Break bacon into small bits and divide into 3 portions.
- Open two packages of Pillsbury Biscuits dough. Fold 1 portion of bacon bits into one dough and use both of your palms to flat it out into a 7-inch dough circle. Do the same for the second dough.
- Preheat your waffle maker. Place one dough circle into the waffle maker and cook for 5 minutes. Repeat this step for the second dough circle.
- Place waffles onto desired plates. Drizzle with Maple syrup. Put chicken on top of the waffles. Sprinkle with remaining bacon bits and drizzle more Maple syrup if desire. Enjoy!
Recipe sponsored by Food.com and Phillsbury
Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook
Download DelishPlan's Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook Instantly for FREE, plus easy-to-make recipes and exclusive cooking tips every week.