Try this seafood pasta recipe with a Cajun twist. It turns a classic creamy pasta dish into something new with a zesty blend of spices.
When I am in the mood for a warm and delicious comfort food, often times, I find myself to go for a rich and creamy pasta dish. This kind of meal is filling and satisfying for everyday dinners or special meals like this shrimp and scallop scampi recipe I created a while ago. Today’s seafood pasta has a new twist. Cajun influences mix things up from the normal Alfredo pasta to add excitement to your dinner.
Components of This Hearty Seafood Pasta
In this recipe, you will balance the lightness of shrimp and scallops with filling pasta and a satisfying cheesy cream sauce. The seafood gives you a dose of healthy fats, protein and vitamins and minerals — and of course, great flavor! For the base of the sauce, you’ll use different cheeses along with heavy whipping cream. Then, season with salt, crushed red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper, as well as flavorful herbs including fresh basil, thyme, parsley and green onion. This mixture of herbs and spices provides the kick of zesty Cajun flavor and the health value of antioxidants. These seasonings fuse into the sauce, elevating the flavor of the dish as a whole.
Switching Up Your Pasta
You see, pasta night doesn’t always have to mean spaghetti and meatballs. There is a lot you can do with pasta, which this seafood pasta recipe shows. To play with pasta, it’s all about the sauce. For this recipe, you cook the seafood in the sauce within one pan, add it to the plated pasta, and that’s all there is to it! This is a fancy, flavorful meal that’s quick and easy to make! By combining the shrimp and scallops for pasta night, this recipe gives you a great way to include more seafood in your family’s diet.
Now, I would like to hear from you. What’s your favorite pasta sauce that you’ve tried? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Creamy seafood pasta with a Cajun twist.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1 pound dry linguine pasta
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, sliced horizontally
- 3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 9 minutes according to the package instruction.
- Meanwhile, pour the cream into a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until it just starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add basil, thyme, parsley, and green onion. Season with salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Gently stir and simmer for 8 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Increase heat to medium, add shrimp and scallops, cook until the seafood turns from translucent to opaque, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in swiss cheese and parmesan cheese until it's melted and blended well.
- Drain the pasta, divide into 6 even portions and place into serving bowls.
- Pour equal amount of the seafood sauce on the pasta in each serving bowl. Serve!
Recipe adapted from Food.com.
Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook
Download DelishPlan's Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook Instantly for FREE, plus easy-to-make recipes and exclusive cooking tips every week.