Baked eggs in barbacoa beef and topped with cheese, this is a perfect way to turn leftover barbacoa beef into an amazing brunch in just 20 minutes.
Normally, the first barbacoa meal is tacos. With pico on hand, that makes things super easy and tasty. From there, Han makes quesadillas and I make noodle bowls. All from the same batch of barbacoa beef.
Today’s recipe is a special one. We added eggs and cheese, then bake them with the leftover barbacoa beef. It literally takes no time to prepare but the result is glorious.
Top the barbacoa beef and egg skillet with pico de gallo, boom! You have a hearty breakfast or weekend brunch right there.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. As always, once you get a chance to make it, let me know how it turns out for you in the comments below. I read and enjoy every single comment. 🙂
A perfect way to turn leftover barbacoa into a hearty breakfast or brunch with baked eggs and pico de gallo.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 1/2 cups barbacoa beef (click here for the recipe), drained
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup pico de gallo for serving (click here for the pico recipe)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Take out the leftover barbacoa from your fridge and microwave for 2 minutes, then drain. Arrange barbacoa in a 9-inch cast iron skillet. Use a spoon to make 6 wells in the barbacoa. Break an egg into each well. Sprinkle cheese all over and bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Top with pico de gallo and enjoy!
Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook
Download DelishPlan's Top 7 One-Dish Meals Mini Cookbook Instantly for FREE, plus easy-to-make recipes and exclusive cooking tips every week.